3D Walkthrough and 3D Walkthrough Animation are both used in the real estate business. An animation is a wonderful solution to present a project, while a walkthrough is handy for developing a draft and letting a client wander in the future building. Get to know what are the best ways to apply 3D rendering in the real estate field!
Interactive 3D walkthrough and 3D animation mingle in our minds and for a good reason. Both of them are popular in the real estate business, and in most articles they are mentioned interchangeably. However, it only adds to the confusion since the terms serve different purposes — developing the idea and presenting a final draft. And yet these distinctions are not absolute. Let’s look closer at the usage and try to understand the right way of speaking about 3D rendering services.
How does interactive 3D walkthrough stand out?
It enables architects and customers to work on the project in the developmental stage. Basically, it is an architectural design made in high-quality 3D, which creates a possibility to look inside the building and literally walk through the rooms. That’s why it is also called a 3D architectural walkthrough, as it’s applied in the design sphere.
With time it gained different forms, some of which are familiar to you. A virtual tour in the museum is a great example. You move through the rooms during it, stopping at dot-points to look around and enjoy the collection. Another example is virtual reality. Imagine standing in a flat, turning around to better look at the materials used for wall covering. However, the experience is purely visual, as you wear a VR headset, which enables you to see the flat that may even not exist in the real world.
An architectural walkthrough is useful when discussing a draft with clients. Some kinds of them let you change parts along the way. For example, the customer is not sure about the pattern of the tiles. In a moment you can change it and easily compare the new version with the previous one. Furthermore, it’s also an excellent solution for supervising the construction as it can create a great image of all stages of development.
How architects use 3D animation?
In the real estate sphere, we see 3D animation walkthrough during a project presentation. Basically, it’s a short video that outlines the final variant of the project. It’s also often called a 3D walkthrough animation that adds to the confusion, but it is essential for explaining the idea of walkthrough animation services. In the video, you look through a camera lens that travels inside the building and shows how everything is running. Apart from the architectural design, it’s also capable of depicting different weather conditions, and how the structure will look in the neighborhood or being crowded with people.
A virtual walkthrough helps clients and investors immerse themselves into the idea and see clearly what their money can build. A virtual tour is a common scenario in 3D rendering because it shows the project to its fullest.
What features do 3D walkthroughs and 3D animation walkthrough share?
Let’s summarise what we’ve found. Here are some common points that attract real estate companies to these tools:
- They change a 2D plan into a 3D architectural project using virtual reality.
- They both are called 3D walkthroughs because they give a virtual walkthrough inside the project.
- Both are great tools for working with investors. They let clients and architects see objects from all sides by applying shadows and changing lighting to create a life-like experience.
How do they differ?
These digital solutions sound similar, but a 3D architectural walkthroughs and 3D walkthrough animation have different forms that affect how they are used. Let’s look at the details:
- The 3D walkthrough is an architectural project in 3D. Its forms differ, but you can usually wander inside the model, change parts of it, and see objects in all dimensions.
- The 3d animation is a video that depicts the final draft and shows how the building will look in reality. Real estate companies may use it to present the idea to their clients.
- The 3D walkthrough helps to develop the project by comparing several versions and choosing the best.
- The animated 3d architectural walkthrough aids in selling the project. It’s a way to present the idea and show its best features.
- In the 3D walkthrough, objects are stationary. A viewer is moving across the place while everything is still.
- In 3d animation walkthrough the world is alive. You may see how the weather is changing, how windows reflect light during a sunny day, and what color the roof has after the rain. It’s an image of a life that does not exist yet.
What will work for you?
Both serve the real estate business. The key is to understand your needs and clients’ preferences. If not sure, contact a digital solutions company to get a consultation on your case.
Get in touch with us today and find out how we can help you with your next project.