Virtual Staging and Real Staging — The Benefits and Disadvantages of Both Approaches
How to Choose Between Virtual Staging and Traditional Staging
Virtual staging vs. real staging require entirely different levels of preparation even though they pursue the same goal in the end. Let us take a look at virtual staging vs. real staging advantages and disadvantages.
What is the Difference Between these Two Approaches?
Physical home staging is a traditional home staging practice of making a home interesting for buyers by decorating it with various pieces of furniture and items of luxury. It also includes keeping spaces clean and light to attract clients.
Digital staging does the opposite and allows you to neglect all of these issues and concentrate on creating a digital visualization of a space that can be shown to potential buyers.
What Does Traditional Staging Look Like?
What you do is prepare your property for a buyer’s visit by showing it in the best light in physical staging. If you want faster sales, you have to invest many hours and a lot of money into fixing all the broken items and replacing old pieces of furniture and decor with trendy ones. Unlike virtual staging services, many real estate agents and homeowners use various tools, such as smells and symbols in traditional staging, to create an atmosphere and demonstrate what one’s life might look like there.
For example, putting some essential oils in the oven to make a place smell of a bakery is a well-known real estate agent trick that creates a home and relaxing atmosphere.
Consequently, some staged homes require only a little grooming before they can be presented, while others require a massive investment of time and finance.
How Does Virtual Staging Work?
Basically, all the things we have mentioned above can be done without actually making any alterations in real life. Modern virtual home staging technology allows us to visualize our ideas in a highly realistic way and showcase it to clients. You can just take a photo of your living room and then digitally add elements that you think it is missing.
Why do this? Because you can’t know for sure what kind of furniture your clients like and guess, for example, whether they need a drum set or a piano in the living room.
The Advantages and Disadvantages that Both Approaches Offer
Of course, there is no black and white when it comes to virtual staging vs. real staging real estate. There are certain situations in which you will benefit largely from using virtual staging and others that will require actual presence.
The Benefits of Virtual Staging
These are the main benefits of virtual staging:
- It is far more reasonable and cost-effective as you do not have to do it for actual objects.
- More online visibility and better real estate marketing for those who want to find buyers give you a wider target market.
- Flexible changes that can be altered at any point in accordance with your client’s tastes.
- Easy virtual renovation.
The Disadvantages of Virtual Staging
- Some people may find it hard to comprehend modern technology.
- You need to find high-quality 3D artists to create a realistic image.
- Real experience includes smells that cannot be felt in virtual reality.
Pros of Real Staging
- A Real experience that includes communication and emotions.
- Better view of the environment, infrastructure, and traffic.
- Real staging gives an adequate perception of the area.
Cons of Real Staging
- The price is relatively high, and it requires investment.
- Longer turnaround time.
- The discomfort of having to keep a place in shape constantly and showing it to people (especially if you are currently living there).
- Lack of flexibility in interior design solutions.
Can You Really Sell Virtually?
Numerous types of research have shown that home staging virtually is just as effective as doing it traditionally. Actually, it can make a client even easier to convince or become interested in the first place because it is much easier for them too. It gives you a benefit on the market.
Professional stagers create a high-quality visualization and use all the visibility increase tools it offers. They are very likely to sell a house much faster than you would without them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Real life is messy, and so should be your CGI. We do not suggest adding full garbage bins or plastic bags stuck on a tree but do not be afraid to use dirt to your benefit. Cars should not look as if they have just been washed, nor should windows in order to increase the resemblance of your hyper-realistic CGI vs. real-life images.
What is the Procedure of Home Staging?
Real estate staging is the process of convincing prospective buyers that they should buy your property by showing them all the advantages and telling them about it. Home staging means preparing. Therefore, the picture they see, regardless of whether it is a genuine visit or a virtual one, has to be perfect: a clean, light space with a comfortable design and a soul. Virtual staging vs. real staging both require good taste.
Does VR Actually Help?
National association research that covered the issue of virtual staging vs. real staging shows that 77% percent of clients consider virtual staging to be helpful in making decisions. Mainly, this is due to the fact that real estate professionals or a homeowner can take each client’s preferences into consideration and make alterations easily just to show them what a property might turn into once they move in.
How to Prepare a Home?
There are certain things you have to do to make your property appealing to whoever may become interested in seeing it:
- Hygiene before all! A clean place always looks good, no matter if it is a small simplistic apartment or a luxurious mention.
- Hide all personal details such as photos, diplomas, and your kids’ toys. A place should not look like somebody’s home but rather like a place that needs an owner.
- Avoid things that speak to a narrow audience. That goes for bright colors and specific décor items. Choose neutral color and design.
- As much light as possible! Open the curtains, doors, and whatever gives your space a fresh look.
- Groom the surrounding area.
Is Virtual Staging Expensive?
Of course, the cost will vary depending on the amount of work your project requires. It usually is somewhere between $30-40, which is still significantly less than what you would pay for an actual renovation and physical pieces.
Do Staged or Empty Houses Sell Better?
Both options are good. Some people certainly prefer to see a blank space that they can design using their creativity. At the same time, some happy customers lack this imagination and will find it hard to understand what a place might look like with furniture if it is empty. Virtual staging vs. real staging can both be conducted either way.
What is Virtual Staging?
What is virtual staging in real estate? Basically, it is about using software to add design elements to an existing image. A home staging company can change the colors and textures on real property pictures, add elements and remove objects. What you get as a result is an improved image of what your real estate could look like.
Why Use Professional Staging?
Professional staging allows you to show property with its best features and take into consideration the phycology of the way people perceive what they see.
How Can I Stage a Home Virtually?
- Start with photos of what you actually have. All photos must have high quality and definition.
- Find an agency you can trust with this job and share all the photos you have.
- Give them all the information about your home and your ideas, if you have any.
All you have to do after these steps is just wait for the result.
How Do I Do Virtual Staging?
The best way to use virtual staging is to find a trustworthy firm with an impressive portfolio and allow them to conduct this task professionally.
Get in Touch
Drop us a line or give us a ring. We love to hear from you!